Road Banner

Photobucket
Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.


- Mother Teresa of Avila


Friday, August 27, 2010

What a Week!

Well, we've gotten over a few more hurdles towards completing our dossier and homestudy, but not without a few challenges from Satan....

It took me three visits to the post office to finally get my passport application accepted, and each time was with two crying, fighting, runny-nosed toddlers in tow. In addition to those trips, my husband and I both got our physicals done, our fingerprinting taken care of, and all of our background checks submitted for each county we've lived in in the past five years........pheeew.

Each day, I have been challenged this week with sickness, a back injury that just won't quit, and taking on two extra precious ones to help another Mom get some time to herself. It's been a long week, my back is still killing me, and my throbbing throat and running nose are more tests that I feel the enemy has put in my way this week. All of the above has made me question my resolve and my ability to take on and care for another child while still showing love and patience to all my children.

As I was leaving my physical with two tired kiddos and heading to what I hoped was my last passport trip, I continued to remind myself that I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.

I didn't do it with the most grace, the most patience, or being the best testimony of Christ's love, but we continue to forge ahead and work another day to bring our child home regardless of the tests and doubts Satan puts in our heads. Oh Lord, please forgive me for my weaknesses and my missteps this week, and help me to become strengthened and renewed so I can do better according to your purpose.

As I sit here typing and my babies are napping (and I'm considering getting a nap in myself), I was graciously given a second wind and the energy and reassurance I needed when I opened this link that was waiting in my email. I hope it does the same for you. God bless this road, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment