Road Banner

Photobucket
Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.


- Mother Teresa of Avila


Friday, July 9, 2010

We've Submitted Our Application!

We have taken the first steps to be adoptive parents!

However, I have to admit that as I was filling out the last bits of information and readying myself to hit the 'submit' button on the application, I became overwhelmed by anxiousness. I know, this seems to be the theme of my blog so far, but right now, this is where I am in my journey. My flesh and spirit seems to be in a constant state of wrestling. Images of Jacob wrestling with God in his dream keep coming up in my head as I, for the first time, feel I have a better understanding of what that must have been like.

But, when I allow all to get quiet, and I ask myself, 'Do you feel like you should adopt?', the answer is not changing;'Yes'. It's hard to admit to myself or to you the fear and anxiety that surrounds me in my moments of weakness because, when I read the other blogs there seems to be no air of hesitation and nothing but unadulterated excitement. I wish I could tell you I feel those things, and those things only, and I do at times, but others, I become overwhelmed again.

So, here is where I find my rest today:

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all of your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded: be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen!"
1 Peter 5:6-11

Praise God for he has called us, he has justified us through Christ, and he will glorify us for his namesake.

No comments:

Post a Comment