Road Banner

Photobucket
Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.


- Mother Teresa of Avila


Saturday, February 20, 2010

"God....are you serious?"

It was Sunday, November 8, 2009 when we came to church and found out it was Orphan Sunday. I thought...this is going to be a long Sunday. My husband had always mentioned adopting at "some point" in our life. Being such an aloof date, I never thought much about it. But I knew...this Sunday, the message would not be easily left undiscussed.

My husband has always had a heart for adoption, so since November 8th, 2009, I've spent a lot of time on my knees simply asking God for one thing, "Lord, just show me what you want for our family. Let your will be my will. And Lord....you're going to have to make this one REALLY clear".

It's been 13 weeks and 3 days of praying, talking, researching, reaching out to others and the Lord has made his desire clear in my heart....you have a child in Ethiopia.
My response: (laughter) "God....are you serios?" Are you sure you don't have me mixed up with someone stronger, more loving, more tender, more everything!?

If you have a personal relationship with the Lord, you know that he has a funny way about making us laugh, stretching us, and most importantly, walking in faith with Him.
He is doing all three with this one decision. Lord, I'm going to need you to hold on tight, because this is one journey that I'll need you EVERY step of the way.

Please pray for our family, and pray for future, walking confidently on God's narrow path. The sermon that started it all: http://www.harvestnorthindy.org/10182/blogentry/entry_id/184951/Orphan_Sunday___A_Call_to_Gospel_Driven_Action__James_1_27

No comments:

Post a Comment